The (senior) Specialist for the Master of Management Studies: Duke Kunshan University (MMS: Duke Kunshan) works as a member of the MMS: Duke Kunshan team supporting all activities tied to the program.
The MMS: Duke Kunshan program is a pre-experience master’s degree providing fundamental entry-level business skills and subject matter knowledge, jointly provided by Duke’s Fuqua School of Business and Duke Kunshan University. The program focuses on building the technical skills and capabilities needed to obtain and succeed in entry-level positions in finance, marketing, consulting, and general management. The program is targeted to individuals without previous business training and experience, who have earned an undergraduate degree in areas including the liberal arts, business, science, or engineering. The MMS: Duke Kunshan program combines the depth, breadth, and critical thinking skills from the liberal arts and sciences with fundamental business skills, to position the student to take on a variety of professional roles.
The (Senior) Specialist role will split between program delivery (60%) and program recruitment (40%). The (Senior) Specialist will execute day to day program and career services activities while the students are in China, as well as marketing and recruitment activities throughout the year. Fundamental to success in this role will be proactive information sharing, collaboration, and communication across all stakeholders within Fuqua and Duke Kunshan so that program objectives are met.
Associate Director, Master of Management Studies
The (Senior) Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for the day-to-day execution of program, career services and recruitment activities related to MMS: Duke Kunshan. As a result, the position requires an individual who is capable of functioning in a highly independent manner and simultaneously managing a large number of tasks. The position also requires an individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, mature judgment, ability to coordinate detailed logistics planning, and strong communication skills both in-person and via written communications.
The (Senior) Specialist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Program Delivery (60%):
Student Services & Faculty Support
· Plan and execute program major events, including orientation, team changeover and graduation.
· Plan and implement social events, and provide advice and logistical support for student clubs, and other student organizations.
· Support with faculty pre-arrival communication, arrival and orientation by providing top-quality logistical assistance and local insights, areas including but not limited to transportation and lodging, classroom setup, technology support liaison, and reasonable personal assistance.
· Work with Fuqua and Duke Kunshan colleagues to produce course packs and order textbooks; handle handout printing and other tasks per request.
· Liaise with the DKU Office of Career Services, follow up with students on their career search progress, and support with student coaching if needed.
· Work with Program Associate Director and the Office of Career Services on identifying program career service needs, and propose and plan activities to meet students’ developmental goals.
· Assist with corporate outreach initiatives and events.
· Support with planning and implementing career services related activities for the program, including workshop arrangement and delivery, and career center data management.
· Conduct industry research and corporate outreaches as needed.
· Support with MMS alumni engagement and coordination with Development and Alumni Relations offices at Duke, Fuqua and Duke Kunshan on alumni events.
· Prepare program calendar, and work with other Duke Kunshan departments on classroom reservation, room setup and technology support.
· Collect and maintain student data and prepare reports when needed.
· Handle program expense submission, contract processing, and other tasks requested.
· Assist in the creation of the MMS: Duke Kunshan program budget on an annual basis; manage allotted budget to ensure successful implementation of the program while staying within the budget.
· Work with Associate Director in managing student workers and interns.
Program Marketing and Recruitment (40%):
· Support with market research and execution of MMS recruiting strategy which results in the matriculation of a highly qualified and diverse student body, and meeting enrollment targets.
· Answer enquiries from prospective students and their parents in a professional manner; maintain and update prospective student data.
· Work with program team, Fuqua marketing and Duke Kunshan marketing teams on program marketing material design and production, including brochures, posters, website content, newsletters, social media posts and videos, etc.
· Work with program team, Fuqua admissions and Duke Kunshan recruitment teams on planning and executing recruitment events, such as open house, prospective student campus visits etc.
· Build relationships with domestic and international universities, institutions and organizations for marketing and recruitment opportunities.
· Join and/or conduct information sessions and participate in recruitment fairs.
· Coordinate on the logistics of recruitment activities, including travel arrangement, etc.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
· Three to five years of work experience in education, with background in student services and/or recruitment a plus. Experience working with an undergraduate student population is strongly preferred.
· The successful candidate will be a person with a high level of maturity and confidence. The ability to work with teams across different cultures, and the ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner is a must.
· Strong computer skills required.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin are foundational in representing Duke Kunshan and the Fuqua School to our constituencies. Likewise, outstanding attention to detail is a critical aspect of the required skill set, given Fuqua and Duke Kunshan’s commitment to delivering a world class, end-to-end experience for our students and constituencies.
· Some travel will be required.
How to Apply:
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Applications sent by other means will NOT be considered.