The Administrative Assistant to the General Manager will provide administrative and secretarial support to the GM and assist to ensure the effective operations of the Centre.
• To assist in coordination with other department managers, research groups in OSCAR, as well as the professors, researchers and administrators from the University of Oxford.
• Be responsible for calendar management, event planning, and travel arrangements for the GM. Ensures the appropriate coordination of meetings and other events, including agenda and minute preparation, venue booking, catering etc.
• Acts as the first point of contact for the General Manager. Respond to postal correspondence, telephone calls, emails, diverting such correspondence to other staffs where appropriate. Assist to receive the visitors and guests to the Centre.
• Maintaining, and improving as appropriate, record-keeping and filing systems.
• Drafting public materials including but not limited to OSCAR monthly newsletters, weekly newsletters, brochures, WeChat release, etc.
• Manage the administration of recruitment exercises which will include sourcing resumes, generating letters to applicants, arranging interviews, drafting interview related documents, etc.
• Assist to apply for Chinese governmental talent programme funds.
• With the development of OSCAR, relevant work contents may be adjusted.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Modern Standard (Mandarin) Chinese and English.
• Ability to use standard computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT).
• Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant business administration experience.
About Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research(OSCAR)
OSCAR, the first overseas research centre of the University of Oxford, is working closely with the Suzhou Industrial Park and both academic and industrial collaborators in China to progress a range of exciting societal and economic development opportunities.
As a multidisciplinary research, innovation and technology centre, OSCAR focuses on research challenges and technologies that both complement the Centre’s location in Suzhou Industrial Park and capitalise on current Oxford research strengths. Research will initially be focused around the areas of biomedical engineering, biomedicine, advanced functional materials, electronic / optoelectronic / photonic devices, environmental technology, energy, mathematical and computational applications in finance and in health, and other related science and engineering disciplines.
The Centre is positioned in Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District (SEID), a district in southern SIP with a high concentration of science, education and innovation activity. SEID is the prototype of higher education internationalisation in China which hosts 32 local and foreign universities and institutions. The Centre, housed in a nine-storey building with a gross space of 20,000m2, offers flexible access to facilities for multi-functional activities such as labs, seminars, workshops, training, public events, and administration, etc.
Address: Building A, 388 Ruoshui Road, Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu, 215123, P.R. China
Guidance for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in applying for posts at the Oxford-Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research (OSCAR). Please read the following tips to help you proceed with the application process.
Before the application: 在应聘之前
Please read carefully the job description and selection criteria for the post for which you are applying at the OSCAR website: https://oscar.web.ox.ac.uk to determine whether you have the required skills, knowledge, and experience as advertised. Please DO NOT apply for the posts which are currently unavailable. We typically receive many applications for each post, and so you will need to show in a covering letter how you meet the essential criteria and the desirable criteria in order to be shortlisted for interview.
Required Application documents:应聘材料要求
Please submit a covering letter and CV (both in English and in PDF) by email attachment to email@example.com. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Email subject: the title of the post for which you are applying.
Email content: please include your contact information, name, telephone number, and any dates for which you would not be available for interview.
Covering letter (no longer than one page) 求职信（不超过一页）
Use the covering letter to explain your motivation for joining OSCAR, and state how your skills and experience match these requirements. Please provide evidence that you have the skills, knowledge, experience, qualifications that match the requirements of the post. The strongest applications provide examples of previous work that demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria. Check your spelling and grammar; successful applications are typically proof-read to give the best impression to the selection panel.
Curriculum Vitae (CV, no longer than 5 pages) 个人履历（简历，不超过5页）
Check that your CV is up-to-date and keep your CV within the page limit. Highlight the skills and experience that are relevant to the post for which you are applying. Avoid sending a generic CV; the strongest applications are those for which CVs are tailored for the needs of the post for which the candidate is applying. Give details of your education, employment history, publication record, lists of prizes, and voluntary experience.
After the application:应聘后
When you submit an application, the information you supply on your application will be provided to a selection panel, who will use it to assess your suitability for the post against the published selection criteria. You may be contacted via e-mail at any date regarding your application.
Your information is held securely in a database that is owned by OSCAR. The data will not be passed to external organisations or individuals other than those acting in a capacity as agents for OSCAR for software support purposes, or where an external body is party to the recruitment process.
When you submit an application to OSCAR you must confirm that you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, including the following declaration.
The information provided in the application materials is true and complete. I understand that any offer of employment may be conditional upon satisfactory screening.
I consent to be contacted by OSCAR at any date regarding my application.
I consent to the information given in this application being stored and processed in accordance with the data protection rules at OSCAR.