The Undergraduate Academic Activities Coordinator provides comprehensive academic support for the smooth operation of academic activities for the undergraduate degree and non-degree programs at DKU.
Working closely with DKU faculty and the other Undergraduate Academic Activities Coordinator, the Coordinator will lead, manage and initiate various academic activities including but not limited to class field trips, class activities, class guest lecturers, and other activities that enhance the students’ academic life. The position-holder will have the chance to dive deeper and further develop expertise in the area.
The Coordinator will also engage in various cross-functional projects, as an essential member of the Undergraduate Office team.
Dean of Undergraduate Studies
1. Manage undergraduate field trips in the Arts and Humanities and the Social Sciences Divisions: plan field trips and arrange logistics, provide consultations for faculty and help identify field trip sites, oversee and manage field trip schedules to minimize conflicts, create resource books.
2. Work with Career Services, Development, Partner and External Relations, and other offices to identify and develop relations with potential longer-term partners for field trips, experiential learning, and other types of academic activities.
3. Work with the other Undergraduate Studies staff to manage a small team of colleagues, student workers, interns, and/or volunteers to provide on-site support during fieldtrips, including managing scheduling of team members and developing a training program; accompany field trips as needed.
4. Manage and support various class activities (such as poster sessions, film screenings, etc.): provide consultations for faculty; help plan, promote and arrange logistics.
5. Manage guest speakers for undergraduate courses: Oversee application process and disbursement of funds, make travel arrangements.
6. Create guidelines and application processes, maintain calendar, and keep records for all undergraduate academic activities, field trips, and guest speakers.
7. Work with Director of Assessment to develop and administer evaluations of field trips.
8. Support the on-boarding of visiting faculty, including processing access card and office requests, handling pre-arrival coordination, providing a campus tour, facilitating the visiting faculty orientation, and other related items that ensure the best quality of the on-boarding process.
9. Support the management of the Undergraduate Studies Office website.
10. Support the management of the Undergraduate Studies Office budget.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree minimum.
2. Fluent in English and Mandarin.
3. Master’s degree in a related higher education field is preferred.
4. Experience in trip planning, activity planning and event planning is preferred.
5. Must possess problem solving, organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.
6. Must be able to manage multiple demands in a setting of high faculty and student contact and interaction.
7. Responsible, self-motivated, flexible, creativity/ability to use one’s own initiative, team player, able to work well under pressure.
8. Familiarity with US and Chinese higher educational systems is preferred.
9. Experience working in both U.S. and Chinese academic institutions is a plus.
10. Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKU recruitment mailbox which could be found on DKU employment website.
Application through other means will not be accepted.