The Library seeks a Learning Resources Management (LRM) Assistant to provide textbook support for a designated division of the undergraduate degree program at the University. The incumbent is responsible for managing the process of receiving, selecting, purchasing, and delivering undergraduate textbooks faculty and students need. S/he will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skill, to coordinate with faculty and various offices and work closely with the Senior LRM coordinator and other library staff to ensure textbooks will be timely ready for required courses.
University Librarian, DKU
1. Working closely with the Senior LRM Coordinator to review, update, and oversee every procedure of textbook management including textbook requests collecting, textbook ordering, textbook distributing and textbook expense submission in a designated division.
2. Coordinating with various offices including the DKU office at Duke and basing on which to decide on the best textbook types (e.g. eBook or printed copy), the purchasing channel and the appropriate book quantity.
3. Collecting required and recommended textbooks as well as online learning platform needs from the course instructors. Performing prior testing to ensure all the online resources are accessible on the campus.
4. Reviewing and updating textbook ordering mechanism as needed.
5. Maintaining good partnership and fine dialogue with various international textbook publishers.
6. Reviewing and updating textbook distribution mechanism including deciding the distribution periods in discussing with the Senior LRM Coordinator and in consultation with other offices such as Registrar, Office of Undergraduate and to implement it in a timely manner.
7. Updating or creating access manuals for the eBooks of different access channels and delivering sufficient instructions to the faculty, students.
8. Handling all the technical problems including eBook accessing troubles from the students and faculty.
9. Working with the Senior LRM Coordinator in developing and delivering textbook workshops or orientation to freshmen.
10. Coordinating with the Senior LRM Coordinator to budget the textbook fund, monitoring students’ prepaid textbook account and calculating book fee per student for Student Information System.
1. Coaching supervising interns and student workers as needed.
2. Performing other tasks assigned by the line manager.
3. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Publishing and Distribution or Library and Information Science or related field.
2. At least one year full-time work experience in academic settings.
3. Experience in program design, marketing, and promotion.
4. Experience in public relations and marketing.
5. Knowledge about Open Education Resources, fair use, and copyright laws both in the U.S. and China.
6. Familiarity with the trend of recent textbook publishing and academic libraries.
7. Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member.
8. Demonstrated commitment to high-quality user experience and user services.
9. Strong planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
10. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to handle unexpected and/or complicated matters.
11. Ability to work closely with administrators and faculty in a campus team environment.
12. Ability to make effective and appropriate decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
13. Proficient skills in Windows, Outlook, MS Office and other similar computer application programs.
14. Proficiency with social networking platforms.
15. Good knowledge of video conferencing platforms.
16. Solid oral and written communication skills in English.
1. Graduate degree in Publishing and Distribution or Library and Information Science.
2. Relevant work Experience in a Sino-foreign joint venture university.
3. Experience in project management.
4. Experience in training, mentoring, and supervising staff and student workers.
5. Fluency in oral and written Chinese.
How to Apply:
Duke Kunshan University requests from all applicants a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the name and contact information for three references. The materials should be submitted to DKU recruitment mailbox which could be found at DKU official employment website. Review will start immediately, and applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.