The Duke Kunshan University Nurse is supervised by the Physician in the Campus Health Clinic. The
Physician is the designated clinical supervisor responsible for the Campus Health Clinic. The Dean for
Student Affairs is the designated administrator of all Student Affairs units, inclusive of the Campus Health Clinic. The part time nurse will be required to participate in afterhours duty-rotations (including weekends / holidays and when there is the need of medical support) to respond to on site students’ urgent medical needs. Must stay in campus while on duty. The University will provide accommodation for the night-shift Nurse to stay while on duty.
1. Medical Emergency Response
o Stay on the campus and answer the medical emergency phone, identify medical situation and follow emergency response protocol to make proper response/arrangement.
o Provide basic life support and use AED when needed.
o Record/report incidents according to the protocol.
o In the case of referral patient out, working closely with other colleagues to arrange transportation and liaise with local hospitals and accompany patient to hospital when necessary.
2. Provide medical support to various sport events and activities during off hours as required.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
4. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in nursing.
2. Licensed to practice nursing according to PRC regulations and able to register in DKU clinic.
3. BLS/ACLS qualification.
4. Prior hospital experience in various departments such as OR, ER and other medical departments is highly preferred.
5. Good communication skills in both English and Chinese.
1. Overseas working experience in joint venture companies or higher education institutions is preferred.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Capability to respond with courteous manner to inquiries from the public, including students, faculty and staff, in person, or on telephone.
4. Clear understanding of confidentiality issues; and maintain strict confidentiality.
5. Ability to stay calm in an emergency.
6. Ability to work in a team environment while to take on his/her own initiatives.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKU recruitment mailbox which could be found at DKU official recruitment website.
Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through DKU recruitment mailbox which could be found at DKU official recruitment website.
Applications sent by other means will NOT be considered.
Please be known that this is a third-party position.